On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 01:46:12PM +0100, Tomasz Sterna wrote:
> W dniu 29.02.2016, pon o godzinie 13∶14 +0300, użytkownik
> ungifte...@gmail.com napisał:
> > > Next jabberd2 release is available.
> >
> > Have to emerge autoconf-archive for new coloring feature
>
> Do you build from bare GitHub source?
>
> This macro should get included to the release archive which do not
> require any autotools packages installed for building.

I got the same error building the package on Fedora. I had to run
autoreconf on 2.3.5 as I was getting libtool errors like "Version
mismatch error.". Which were removed by running autoreconf.

Updating to 2.3.6 gave me then above error during configure, which was
resolved by removing the autoreconf I introduced earlier.

So, no problems on my side anymore. Just wanted to mention that I saw
the same error as the original poster.

                Adrian