> If I use Outlook Express and James as relay the
> receiver can see chinese in title and sender name

This implies that James is preserving it, at least in one set of conditions.

> I use Notes client and sendmail as relay the reciver
> also can see chinese in title and sender name.

This implies that Notes client through sendmail preserves it.

> Our Domino server is using James as an outside relay,
> when I use Notes client to send out the mail with
> Chinese title and sender name, the receiver just can
> see ??? in title and send name.

You know, I see that a lot with messages that have gone through ezmlm and
qmail, too.

If you look at the raw message content for when it works and doesn't, what
is different?

        --- Noel