On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 11:13:56AM +0100, Lindsay Smith wrote:
> Sorry about that, I repeated the test with about a 14Meg attachment with:
> -Xrunhprof:heap=sites,file=log.txt,depth=10

I think it would be nice if there's a mailet that can do split/join for
out/incoming messages. I believe, the spec is already defined in MIME.
(Having "chunking" feature on the SMTP server would be much nicer, but
there's no guarantee that other servers have the same feature right
now.)

BTW, having a single big email might consume the bandwidth much more
than needed if there were many disconnections on the line. And
considering that James (AFAIK) always "copies" the messages according to
the destinations, that might rise that hypothetical bandwidth problem.

Oki