Sheldon Hearn wrote:

On (2003/06/30 19:59), Jeremy Torres wrote:

Keep in mind ports under 1024 need "root" access, and I'd change the *.sh
files in the $JAMES_HOME/bin to "chmod u+x *.sh".

This aspect of James' operation is what holds me back in recommending its use as a front-facing MTA.

Surely you have the same problem with every other MTA on *nix.

James is open source so anyone who is paranoid can check it all through.

It is also Java, so less risk of weaknesses in the code.

I don't know of any MTA I would be willing to recommend more highly than James, and for a front-facing MTA my choice is definitely James on linux.

/tobe