Petter Reinholdtsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [Brian Jones]
> > If you're in the mood to squash another bug, you might want to see
> > what is going on when trying to compile classpath with japhar.  We
> > get the errors below.  This happens on the first occurance of
> > Classpath attempting to compile a couple of dozen interdependent
> > classes on the same compile line.  I just tried this with the latest
> > Japhar from CVS.
>
> Yes, I've been looking for that bug for quite some time now.  I could
> use a hand.  I have no clue what fails.  Is it a string copy function,
> a print function, a race condition or what?

Okay, I decided to try using logging/gdb, etc. and find the problem.

I've actually narrowed down the problem to compiling
java/lang/Throwable.java in GNU Classpath.  We use
ObjectOutputStream.PutField and ObjectInputStream.GetField, which are
in our versions of those respective classes.

The compile line is...

/usr/local/japhar/bin/japhar --classpath /usr/local/japhar/share/classes.zip
sun.tools.javac.Main -classpath ../lib:/usr/local/japhar/share/classes.zip -d ../lib
../java/lang/Throwable.java

Sun's JVM, 1.1.6, has no problem with this way of compiling.

Does this help?
Brian
--