Now that 0.07 is out (ack, need to update the webpage! :) I'm thinking
of merging the JDK_12_BRANCH back onto the head.  The code there is
faster than what's on the trunk, runs javac from both the JDK1.1
classes.zip and the JDK1.2fcs distribution's .jar files, deals with
exceptions properly, and it doesn't display the javac bug that the
classpath people have been talking about.

of course, there *are* still problems -- the configure script needs some
work to handle a JDK1.1/1.2 install, and we need more native methods
written now than before, and the AWT is further from completion now than
it was before (but given the state before, that's not that bad, I
think.. .:)

thoughts?  I'll start the merge on my local box in a few minutes, and
we'll see where I am at the end of the weekend :)  If it's alright with
everyone, I'll shoot for a monday move to the HEAD.

My vow: The next release of japhar will have no problem running JDK1.1,
JDK1.2, and classpath code, all from the same sourcebase (and hopefully
from the same set of libraries/programs) :).

xtoph