Christophe Lizzi wrote:

> > > The current Japhar-CVS does not work with Classpath 0.00.  I just
> > > tested it.  It bombs for me with:
> > >
> > > Fatal Java VM Error: ThrowNew unable to allocate message
> > > Bus error
>
> Similar problems occur when using the release 0.08 (or today's snapshot)
> and JDK1.1.5 on Linux/x86 and Solaris/Sparc.
>
> ByteTest was running fine using release 0.07, but the final check now fails:
>
> PASSED: Byte(byte)
> .../...
> PASSED: Byte.TYPE.getName() is byte
> Fatal Java VM Error: ThrowNew unable to allocate message
> native frame:   java/lang/Class.newInstance
> java frame:     ByteTest.typeInstance (243, pc = 6)
> java frame:     ByteTest.main (10, pc = 68)
> Bus error
>
> Same behavior for the final test of ArrayCastTest.

well, this particular example is caused by native code calling
(*env)->ThrowNew when an exception is already present for that thread.
I'll add debugging code in ThrowNew to give a fatal error when throwing
an exception without clearing the one already present.

btw, i've fixed the ByteTest.  The ArrayCastTest bombs out for me
(JDK1.2) in a different place, though.

xtoph