Stuart Ballard wrote:

> http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=761
>
> Mozilla now runs Java properly through OJI, right up to Sun's 1.3 beta.
> Does this mean the OJI specs are now stable enough for Japhar to support
> them without becoming incompatible by the end of the week?

wow.  i sure hope so.  i had japhar up to the point where the following
liveconnect test:

<script>
var System = java.lang.System;
System.out.println("hi from javascript");
</script>

was using the reflection api to get ahold of the out field and println
method.  It crashed shortly after (in liveconnect code, but the bug is
probably in japhar.)  I *think* everything I've done is checked in -- I'll
make sure it is.  If there's some adventurous soul (or a couple, heh :) out
there that wants to help finish the japhar/oji stuff (actually, it's more
japhar/jni stuff) let me know - there's plenty to do :)

> (Note that Linux-Mozilla can't run java because there is no Linux Java

> Plugin... I think Japhar might get a lot of nice publicity if they do
> the first working Mozilla Java for Linux :)

Yeah, I actually had it working a long time ago (before sun :)  i had the
applet context set up so you could redirect the browser to other pages.
then they went and totally changed the api on me :(

Chris