Ran into a problem with compiling from CVS this evening with the
following kind of error.

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../include -DLINUX -DLinux -DDEBUG
-DLOGGING    -g -O2 -c rltty.c
rltty.c:187: field `sgttyb' has incomplete type
rltty.c: In function `get_tty_settings':
rltty.c:216: `TIOCGETP' undeclared (first use this function)
rltty.c:216: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
rltty.c:216: for each function it appears in.)
rltty.c: In function `set_tty_settings':
rltty.c:243: `TIOCSETN' undeclared (first use this function)
rltty.c: In function `prepare_terminal_settings':
rltty.c:297: `CRMOD' undeclared (first use this function)
rltty.c:298: `CBREAK' undeclared (first use this function)
rltty.c:306: `EVENP' undeclared (first use this function)
rltty.c:306: `ODDP' undeclared (first use this function)
make[1]: *** [rltty.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/brian/hungry/java/japhar/progs/japhard/readline'

The -DLinux is something I added since that is what 'readline' is
actually wanting.  I've since changed the readline source to use LINUX
instead.  Anyway...

When I changed Japhar over to configuring readline and then compiling
it that way things worked.  I've gone to the trouble of adding
everything mentioned in STANDALONE to Japhar's
configure/acconfig.h/acinclude.h, etc. and still rltty.c bombs when I
make it one way as opposed to the other.

I'm checking in my changes since they shouldn't be harmful and hope
that it can be resolved such that the package is configured/built one
way or the other.  If the package is going to be configured separately
from Japhar then we can remove the things I added to Japhar's build
process in configure.in, etc.  If the package is to be configured by
Japhar then we have to figure out why it doesn't work on Linux that
way at the moment.

Brian
--
|Brian Jones                    |