Thanks for your interest to solve my problem first.

my problem is i have requested to do a report with jasper both in html
format and pdf format.

the report is a kind of report that displays data in many pages. and on each
page i want to write the group headers for the pdf format only. for the html
format of my report i want to display the header only once. as you know i
only have one template. how am i going to leave displaying the header on
each page for html format and displaying the headers on each pages for the
pdf format.

thanks,

Helen