kulbir <kulbir_san...@infosys.com> writes:

> I have writen a function . When i run that function in orcale backend , its
> giving proper values from data base. But when i run that function from
> ireport ,  ireprot does gives any values .A blank page sis displayed

First, are you sure that you have selected the right data source in
iReport that connects to your same back-end?  Perhaps you're still
using the default Empty datasource?

Secondly, I'd suggest monitoring queries against your back-end (I'm
not that familiar with Oracle, but presume there's some way to log
them) when you run iReport - you may find there's a difference in the
query being issued due to report design, parameters, etc.. than when
you issue it manually.  And double check that the environment in which
the query is running (current database user, session variables,
etc...) might not differ in a way that would affect the results of the
function.

Lastly, even if the query appears well formed, it's possible to
exclude the information (say, by "print when" expressions on the
fields), so if you have a reasonably complicated report design, I'd
try testing with one that is as simple as possible, perhaps just
dumping detail lines for each row retrieved from the database.

-- David