Hi Cindy,

1. You can try to use styles of iReport and apply some predefied style
according to value of dynamically passed parameter.
2. Before generating the report you can parse jrxml using some lighter
language (Groovy, Ruby), find needed tag and correct value of appropriate
property.

Hope that would help.

Taras