On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Abhijit Kamatkar <
abhijitkamat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been working on Jasper Reports. I have created few reports using
> ireport and I was able to export these reports within java. Of course these
> reports were simple. Now I want to get deeper in Jasper reports. I want to
> know how one can execute jasper report in java with parametrized query at
> run time. Has anyone worked on similar module? Do we need to create any .xml
> at runtime for this?

Right now the Jrxml file contains the query which was written in the context
> while designing the report. Now, I want to run the query dynamically. I am
> looking forward for your suggestions and advices. Thank you in advance.

AFAIK it not necessary to create an xml file.
there are two options,
1. have the query executed before going to jrxml file and get the resultset
instance, wrap it with jrresultsetdatasource. then create report
2. have the query in jrxml file itself. and just pass the Hash Map instance
of all the parametrized[dynamic] values to jrxml

--
Rajesh Pandian M
http://mrprajesh.blogspot.com/