When i was dealing with latitude i had the same problem.
I decided to not save the latitude and longtitude, but to use web
service to do it for me.
I am saving just the result of computation, beeing done on longtitude
and latitude.
You may always divide a number into n parts, and each should have 6
digits, then create appropriate columns in database.
Here, the number of columns won't be too much.
Pacior.