Hello all,

I need your help to figure out the problem for my first basic Web
application.

My web.xml file contains,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:schemaLocation="
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";>

   <servlet>
        <servlet-name>MyOwnServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>myownpackage.MyOwnServlet</servlet-class>

        </servlet>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>MyOwnServlet2</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>MyOwnServlet2</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>MyOwnServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/MyOwnServlet</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>MyOwnServlet2</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/MyOwnServlet2</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>
            30
        </session-timeout>
    </session-config>
     <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>MyOwnJSP2.jsp</welcome-file>
        </welcome-file-list>

    </web-app>
Evenif i am setting MyOwnJSP2.jsp as welcome file when i run my project it
leads me to MyOwnservlet instead of jsp page.

Can any1 tell me what could be the solution for this ? and why its happening
?

I appreciate your time and response,
Thanks,

--