On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:37:43 -0600, John  Campbell wrote:

>>John  Campbell wrote:
>>>Im getting very small display panes which cannot be resized
>>>from my recompiled jdk1.1.6v5.
>>This is one of the LessTif problems that I know of.  From the last
>>LessTif build I did it still was a problem.
>
>Are you your'e saying is that there is no work-around?

Well, I did not find out for LessTif.  The problem I saw was
that the java.awt.Window objects I created would only render a 10x10
pixel area in the top left even though the whole 120x80 pixel area was
there.  Other windows moved under it, you would notice that it really
was 120x80 in size but all rendering was clipped to the 10x10 size.

The exact same Java source code on Windows, Solaris, MacOS, and Linux
with Motif works correctly.  It also works as an applet in Netscape
under Windows, Linux, and MacOS.  It may actually work elsewhere but
these are the only test platforms I have.  (Oh, and it works with FreeBSD
with Motif)

Michael Sinz -- Director of Research & Development, NextBus Inc.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] --------- http://www.nextbus.com
My place on the web ---> http://www.users.fast.net/~michael_sinz