Hi,

> Does anyone know what this 02d version is?   Where did it come from?
> Why is it not available on the Blackdown download mirrors?

It is mine.  I was a member of Blackdown (and technically still am but I have
not contributed anything in a very very long time).  I rebuilt JDK 1.3.1 for
ppc Linux to update it to gcc 3.2.2 and to replace a glibc private call that
no longer exists in curent glibc versions just so that it will keep working
for PPC Linux (especially the mozilla plugin).  This was required to keep JDK
1.3.1 working well enough to build OpenOffice.org and to run Mozilla.

Jack Howarth (I believe) also built Debian specific packages for this version
and they were uploaded to Blackdown at one point but never seemed to make it
out onto the Blackdown mirrors.

The JDK available from the yellowdog ftp site was posted there by me  (version
2d) in support of the OpenOffice.org project (also a Sun project). (I am the
PPC Linux porting person for OOo and the porting project co-lead there).

Since the Blackdown PPC Linux project was so small and I had such a hard time
finding anyone to help it along, I finally just pretty much gave up.   I have
only done the barest minimum to keep the Blackdown JDK 1.3.1 functioning (it
has no hotspot or JIT).  I simply can not compete with IBM's JDK 1.4.X with
fancy JIT available for both Linux ppc 32 and ppc64.

I do know there are some people still interested in PPC Linux support so they
may have something interesting to add.

Hope this helps,

Kevin