<>The Blackdown Java-Linux Team is happy to announce the availability of the Java 2 Standard Edition v1.3.1-14-FCS for Linux on PowerPC.

J2SE v1.3.1-14-FCS can be downloaded from

ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/java/JDK-1.3.1/ppc/FCS/ and our FTP mirrors

(see http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/mirrors.html)

Release Notes:

* Fixed arithmetic error in some trigonometric and log functions.

* Fixed problem where embedded objects in native objects (e.g. java.lang.Method) were being inadvertently garbage collected.

* Incorporated Sun J2SE changes and security patches up to release 1.3.1_14.

Feedback:
=========

Acknowledgements:

I'd like to thank Juergan, Scott and Karl of the Blackdown Java-Linux team for their assistance with this release and my employer, Tut Systems UK Ltd, for providing the time and equipment resources.

Graham Newton