From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 1999 9:40 AM
To: Java-Servlets
Subject: problem installing JSSI

I installed Apache 1.3.6 and Jserv 1.0 without problem on a Red Hat Linux
6.0 machine running blackdown Java 1.1.7B. I created a servlets zone by
creating a servlets directory, creating a servlets.properties file for it
in the apache conf directory, and adding a ApJServMount /servlets /servlets
directive to jserv.conf. I copied the example Hello.class file to the
servlets directory where ran it without problem.

Then I downloaded and installed JSSI 1.1.2, copied the ApacheSSI.jar file
to servlets directory and added ApJServAction .jhtml
/servlets/org.apache.servlet.ssi.SSI directive to jserv.conf. I created a
hello.jhtml file containing <SERVLET CODE="Hello.class"> </SERVLET>. When I
try to access hello.jhtml, I get Error 404 because
/servlets/org.apache.servlet.ssi.SSI is not found.

Why is a servlet in a jar file not found while a servlet in a class file
runs without problem?