Hi Marc,

Can you clarify what the semantics of a DisjunctionMinQuery would be? Would
you keep the score for the *lowest* scoring disjunct (plus some tiebreaker
applied to the other matching disjuncts)?

I'm trying to imagine how that would work compared to the classic DisMax
use-case. Say I'm searching for "dalmatian" using a DisMax query over term
queries against title and body. A match on title is probably going to score
higher than a match against the body, just because the title has a shorter
length (and the doc frequency of individual terms in the title is likely to
be lower, since there are fewer terms overall). With DisMax, a match on
title alone will score higher than a match on body, and the tie-break will
tend to score a match on title and body higher than a match on title alone.

With a DisMin (assuming you keep the lowest score), then a match on title
and body would probably score lower than a match on title alone. That feels
weird to me, but I might be missing the use-case.

How would you use a DisMinQuery?

Thanks,
Froh