Hi,

please read the documentation. It is explained in detail: https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_11_0/core/org/apache/lucene/analysis/package-summary.html#package.description

There are also many blog posts about this change (which was done now almost 15 years ago)!

Uwe

Am 30.01.2024 um 11:30 schrieb Saha, Rajib:
Hi,

In our project for Lucene migration from 2.4.0 to 8.11.2, we need your
suggestion to address a case.
With Lucene 2.4.0, we were using the kind of below code snippet.
With Lucene 8.11.2[Written snippet below], we need to extract the startOffset &
endOffset value for further some calculation similar to Lucene 2.4.0.
Is there any easy way/API to extract the values from tokenStream?

//Lucene 2.4.0
Token token;
TokenStream valueStream = analyzer.tokenStream(new StringReader(fieldValue),
false,true);
while ((token = valueStream.next()) != null) {
               int startOffset = token.startOffset();
               int endOffset = token.endOffset();

               //Do some calculation based on startOffset & endOffset

//Lucene 8.11.2
TokenStream valueStream = analyzer.tokenStream(field, new
StringReader(fieldValue));
CharTermAttribute charValueTermAttribute =
valueStream.addAttribute(CharTermAttribute.class);
while (valueStream.incrementToken()) {
               String termValueText = charValueTermAttribute.toString();

               //How to get startOffset & endOffset as like in Lucene 2.4

               //Do some calculation based on startOffset & endOffset
}

Please let me know, if there is any further information is required from my
side.

Regards
Rajib

--