I doubt this is axis specific, but perhaps someone else has seen this  (this is
using axis2 under tomcat on windows).  I am looking for fils in the axis
classpath and using them instead of what's bundled in the .aar if they exist.

InputStream inputStream =
axisService.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(propertyFileName);
if ( inputStream != null )
{
  props.load(inputStream);
}
else
{
  // use the bundled one
}

If the file is a plain file, or a hard link then it works fine. However if the
file is a symbolic link, I do not get a null inputStream, but the properties
are not read or set properly.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

thanks,
charles