Hi,

We have implemented a lucene search like this:

registry = LocateRegistry.getRegistry(RMIAddress, RMIPort);
searchables = new Searchable[] { (Searchable) registry.lookup(RMIIndexName)};
queryParser = new QueryParser(defaultField, new StandardAnalyzer());
Query query = queryParser.parse(queryString); // queryString is something the
user specified, like hello*
Searcher searcher = new MultiSearcher(searchables);
hits = searcher.search(query);

There is furthermore a field in the index called documenttype.

The problem is this, when searching for "documenttype:Specifikation" I get the
expected results, but when searching for "documenttype:blankett/mall" I get
none. I can show, using a class simply displaying the index contents, that
there is actually a field called documenttype containing the value
"blankett/mall" in several cases.

I first suspected the "/"-sign to be the cause of the problem, but searching
for "documenttype:blankett/ma*" actually returns the expected result.

I understand that there are several different query types, but should not the
queryParser create a correct query for me? I am quite stuck here and would
truly appreciate any help possible!

Best regards,
Björn Lilja
Björn Lilja | Technology Services | Consultant
Tel: +46 8 5368 5000
Mob: +46 702 651 027

Capgemini
www.se.capgemini.com | We help companies and their employees to achieve more.

the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized
to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use this message or
any part thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all  copies of this message.