I wrote a very simple sax parser for our xml content - I check for the search tokens (analyzer.tokenStream) in the text and place a span tag around each found token. This process could work well with xhtml as well.

In other words, I could never get the highlighter to do what I wanted to do, but there's a lot to be learned from the highlighter source.

Fred Toth wrote:

Hi,

We have a need to present HTML documents with all search
terms highlighted. Everything I've seen regarding the Highlighter
code seems to point to the typical case of extracting relevant
fragments from the text for presentation of hit lists.

Is it possible to use the core highlighting code to process an
entire document? Instead of extracting fragments, we would want
the entire document back. Has anyone done this?

Or is this the wrong approach? Even if the Highlighter is not an
exact fit for this, it seems that the term positions could still be
useful?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred Toth