Gusenbauer Stefan wrote:

I think nutch uses ngramj for language classification but i don't know
what type of saving language information they use. In our application
for example i save the language in an extra field in the document
because lucene is supporting multiple fields with the same names we
would be able to handle different languages. but for now we don't need it
But then, if you do so, you do not benefit from any specialized Analyzer you could use for each language, do you? Then again, maybe it's not that interesting to use specialized analyzers for each language?.