Hmmm, not sure what that could be.
You could try using the default FSDir instead of MMapDir to see if the
differences are there.

Some things that could be different:
- thread scheduling (shouldn't make too much of a difference though)
- synchronization workings
- page replacement policy... how to figure out what pages to swap in
and which to swap out, esp of the memory mapped files.

You could also try a profiler on both platforms to try and see where
the difference is.

-Yonik