Hi Erik. Many thanks for your reply. I'll likely see if I can find a list to pose a couple of questions there way. I am having fun with Lucene since it is new to me and I am impressed with the speed I am getting. I am reading anything I can get hold of and trying different code experiments. So far, the code is fairly straight forward so not so concerned about this at the moment.

I am really hoping to hear from experienced people like yourself more on strategically what to index, what sort of things it would be a good idea to store and what to do about a fairly large schema that has much metadata to offer. Also perhaps when sorting and filtering gets too expensive. I realize that just because the metadata is available doesn't necessarily mean you want to even put it all in an index. I think these issues are pretty general, however I know there are folks on this that would likely advise some particular path or direction because of their own experiences with Lucene. I would really like to hear from anyone that has been working with metadata particularly or anyone generally about these topics.

Regards,
David

Erik Hatcher wrote:
One very nice implementation to take a look at is the Simile project at MIT. The Piggy Bank and Longwell projects use Lucene to index RDF and integrate full-text and structural queries nicely together. http://simile.mit.edu

    Erik