On 3/13/06, Chuck Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a way to determine whether or not an index that was left locked
> due to some improper system shutdown needs repair?

Depends what you mean by "repair".  If there was a crash during index
modification, I think the index should normally still be OK because
the segments file won't refer to the new segments that were being
written during the crash, right?

However, you may be missing documents that were added last, and there
may be files left around that are unused by the index.

-Yonik
http://incubator.apache.org/solr Solr, The Open Source Lucene Search Server