Hi Patrick,

thanks for writing back but my question is:- do we really need to write
something new to achieve what I want to achieve. By going thru Lucene
Tutorials, i dont think there is a need to do such a thing:-

http://blog.danbartels.com/archive/2004/09/09/186.aspx

Indexing and searching are not only thread safe, but process safe. (Multiple
processes can work with the Lucene index files at the same time).

Generally the index searcher is thread safe and the index writer is thread
safe. The query parser is *not* thread safe (so each thread using the index
should have its own query parser).

The index writer is thread safe, so you can update the index while people
are searching it. However, you then have to make sure that the threads with
open index searchers close them and open new ones, to get the newly updated
data.
Thanks
-Nikhil