On Mar 17, 2006, at 6:15 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the explanation. Given that RangeQuery is clearly
unsuitable for out requirements, ConstantScoreRangeQuery looks ideal.

However, we're building our queries (at the moment) using QueryParser.
Is there any way we can get QueryParser to use a ConstantScoreRangeQuery
instead of a RangeQuery?

You can subclass QueryParser, and override getRangeQuery() to return a Query constructed however you like. There are examples (I believe) in Lucene's test cases, and definitely within the Lucene in Action codebase and text.

        Erik