I would like to see lucene operate with hadoop

As you rightly pointed out, writing using FSDirectory to DFS would be a
performance issue.

I am interested in the idea. But i do not know how much time i can
contribute to this because of the little time which i can spare.

If anyone else is interested, can they join ? We can work on this together

Rgds
Prabhu