Hi,

a query like
(-merkel) AND schröder

is parsed as
+(-body:merkel) +body:schröder

I get no hits for this query because +(-body:merkel) doesn't return any
hits (it's not a valid query for Lucene). However, a query like

-merkel AND schröder

works fine. From the user's point-of-view, both queries should return the
same result set. One solution I see is to add a MatchAllDocsQuery clause
to all prohibited clauses in QueryParser's getBooleanQuery() method. Is
that a valid solution? I tried with some simple cases and it seems to
work. Any other ideas to solve or work around this issue?

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de