A couple of thoughts here...

You could hash (e.g.md5) all the documents in your index and eliminate
duplicates that way. Just pick one of the docs in the hash bucket as
the non-dup document and the delete the other dups. This could be run as a
batch job to eliminate the duplicates in an off-line process.

Alternatively, if you don't want to run over the entire index all the time,
you could add a field that contains some kind of hash (e.g. md5) as a field
in
lucene Document. At query time you could make sure all the Documents
returned are unique.

-M