I'm trying to create a fairly complex SpanQuery from a binary parse tree.
I create SpanOrQueries from SpanTermQueries and combine SpanOrQueries into
BooleanQueries. So far, so good.
The problem is that I don't see how to create a SpanNotQuery from a
BooleanQuery and a SpanTermQuery. I want the BooleanQuery to be the
'include' span and the SpanTermQuery to be the 'exclude' span.
Unfortunately, the BooleanQuery cannot be cast to a SpanQuery.

I thought that SpanQuery and BooleanQuery could be freely intermixed, but
this doesn't seem to be the case. It seems that what's really needed is a
'SpanAndQuery'.

Is there another way to build this type of query?

Thanks,
Peter