On Sonntag, 18. November 2007, Alebu wrote:

> 1. To analyze non English language I need to use specific analyzer.

You don't have to, but it helps improving recall.

> Can I use Ispell dictionaries with Lucene?

It depends on the dictionary. Some dictionary authors use the ispell
flagging system just to save space, others use it in a way so that it
really expresses the linguistic relation between a base form
(e.g. "house") and its text forms (e.g. "houses"). Only in the later case,
you could expand the dictionary to a "text form -> base form" mapping and
use it.

Some dictionaries are GPL, so they cannot be part of Lucene. But you can
use them anyway. So the reason that there are no more advanced
(dictionary-based) analyzers for Lucene are mostly because nobody has
developed and published them. Of course, an increased recall often comes
with a decrease in precision.

Regards
 Daniel

--