Hi all,
I am looking for a way to include a stored (non-indexed) field in the computation of scores for a query. I have tried using a ValueSourceQuery with a ValueSource subclass that simply retrieves the document and gets the field, like:

public float floatVal(int doc) {
  reader.document(doc, selector).getBinaryValue("myfield");

but that's too slow, because it ends up doing a lookup for each matching document. Is it possible to use a stored field in a FunctionQuery or ValueSourceQuery in an efficient way (i.e. not dependent on the number of retrieved documents)? If the answer is yes, is it possible to update such a value in place without removing and reindexing the document?

Thanks in advance.

Paolo Capriotti