Hi Damon,

Have you tried your application on 1.4 beta 3 yet?  I believe that beta2
was missing support for the 25-bit format we use for transparent images in
most Graphics Configurations.  That should help with your transparent
performance numbers quite a lot.

1.4 beta 3 also has much better support for scaling Volatile and transparently
accelerated offscreen and toolkit images...

                                ...jim