Hello Paco,

  you can render the contents of a component into an image
  by doing something like this:
  Component comp;
  comp = ... // create your component, set it's size, etc
  BufferedImage bi = new BufferedImage(comp.getWidth(),
                                       comp.getHeight(),
                                       BufferedImage.TYPE_INT_RGB);
  Graphics g = bi.getGraphics();
  comp.paint(g);

  Now image 'bi' contains the data you needed.

  Thank you,
    Dmitri