From: "Jim Graham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 12:34 AM
Subject: Re: [JAVA2D] STROKE_CONTROL

Hi Ramón,

Use the Area class to either subtract or intersect the original shape
with/from the outline created with BasicStroke.createStrokedShape().
Intersection will produce the inside part, subtract will produce the
outside part.

As far as non-convex polygons, you will probably find lots of cases
where for a very convoluted self-intersecting or self-touching polygon
and a very wide outline width there will be lots of visual anomalies
which make the result look wrong because some part of the path
overlapped in a way that wasn't intuitive.  I believe the results will
be correct, they just might be surprising (as with many things in
geometry... ;-)

                                ...jim

--On Tuesday, November 26, 2002 12:11 AM +0100 Ramón Talavera