I'm using Debian unstable, and I have the GLX drivers from NVidia
installed (from the nvidia-glx package).

I thought it may be something funky with the libraries, but I can't seem
to track down what it may be.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ ls -l /usr/lib/libGL*
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          660 Feb 21 19:01
/usr/lib/libGL.la
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           17 Mar  8 15:42
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.1.0.5336
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       364224 Feb 21 19:01
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.0.5336
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Mar  8 15:49
/usr/lib/libGLU.so.1 -> libGLU.so.1.3
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           26 Mar  8 15:49
/usr/lib/libGLU.so.1.3 -> ../X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1.3
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           21 Mar  8 15:42
/usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1 -> libGLcore.so.1.0.5336
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root      4882612 Feb 21 19:01
/usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1.0.5336
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ more /usr/lib/libGL.la
# libGL.la - a libtool library file
# Generated by Debian nvidia-graphics-drivers (for use by libtool)
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='libGL.so'

# Names of this library.
library_names='libGL.so.1.0.5336 libGL.so.1 libGL.so'

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lm -lXext -lX11 -ldl'

# Version information for libGL.
current=1
age=0
revision=5336

# Is this an already installed library?
installed=yes

# Files to dlopen/dlpreopen
dlopen=''
dlpreopen=''

# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/usr/lib'
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

I'm not really sure what's going on here, but it looks OK to me.  From
my looking around, it looks like the debian package is doing funky
things to avoid libGL conflicts with the mesa packages.  I'm not sure
what it's doing (Something about diverting), but I have to trust that it
works (no other complaints).

I'm also going to check to see if other opengl things are working or not
(something I probably should have done earlier...).

Bill