Dear fellows,

sorry for a newbie perhaps posting not at the right place, but we could not find the
information how to start other programs out of a JAVA program.

The problem: If I run a C program, it is easy to invoke other foreign programs by the
"System" call (at least under Linux that works).

Question: Is there any comparable way to invoke calls to the operating system in Java?

Thank you
Sven