Peter B. West wrote On 08/15/06 04:29,:

What's the situation with kerning?

Can I assume that kerning is not supported on Type1 fonts? If so, are
there any plans to enable the reading of afm files associated with Type1
fonts to obtains kerning data?

Not supported and there are no plans.

Even with truetype fonts, I don't seem to get any result from setting
the KERNING attribute to KERNING_ON. I've tried generating
AttributedStrings using both FONT_FAMILY, etc, and using an instance of
FONT. No difference. Is there a secret?

It should work, assuming you are letting JDK do the layout. I know you
were using
GlyphVector. 'Font.layoutGlyphVector' should apply the kerning but
createGlyphVector()
doesn't process the text and just assigns default advances so maybe
that's your problem?

-phil.

Peter