There's more than one code path but in the typical cases all we do is
send the image to GDI using StretchDIBits. I don't think that supports
specifying an interpolation mode.

-phil.

Jan Bösenberg (INCORS GmbH) wrote:
I am trying to print a buffered image in the print(...) method of a
Printable. The buffered image is scaled to fit the page size, but I do
not seem to be able to control the interpolation type through setting
rendering hints. The print result always looks like "nearest neighbor"
interpolation is used, which does not look very appealing. Am I doing
something wrong here or does the Graphics object in the print(...)
method only support nearest neighbor interpolation? This is on WindowsXP
professional, JRE 1.6.0

Thanks

Jan