[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
As I asked in one of my previous email, what do you think about
using "acceleration priority" property for this?  Say, if it's
  1.0 then we try to cache the image on first try. 0.0 currently means that we
won't attempt to
 accelerate it and release   the cached version.
  Thanks,
   Dmitri
Java2D Team

Sounds great to me. Do you have RFE for this? If so you've got my vote.
The only question is what if I want to have this selectively only for images
that are most expensive to get and do not want to fill the cache with all the
garbage ever rendered? Could you provide also some hook for weighting function
or something that would allow me to selectively pick what to accelerate and
what not?

  Hm. That sounds exactly like the intended purpose for
  accelerationPriority property of Image (added in 1.5):

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/awt/Image.html#setAccelerationPriority(float)

  What I suggest is to implement this particular management
  scheme where we'd try to manage an image asap if the priority
  is 1.

  Dmitri

Cheers,
Jan
[Message sent by forum member 'rah003' (rah003)]