> HOW DID THEY DO THAT???  Is this another secret environment variable?
> I would like to know how to go into fullscreen mode without the status
> bar showing.

  I think they may be exploiting a bug fixed in the latest
  versions.
  On my jre (6uN) the window does show the warning.

  Thanks,
    Dmitri

Ken Warner wrote:
Hi,

My applet at

http://pancyl.com

can go into fullscreen exclusive mode.  F1 enters -- ESC exits.

When it goes into fullscreen exclusive mode using the 1.6 plugin,
there is a gray status bar at the bottom of the screen that says,
"Java Applet Window" A lot of people find this annoying. Fullscreen exclusive should mean FULLSCREEN! I've looked at java.awt.GraphicsDevice and this is the method that
set's the bounds of the window.

   public void setFullScreenWindow(Window w) {
       // Get display mode before changing the full screen window
       DisplayMode dm;
       if (w == null) {
           dm = null;
       } else {
           dm = getDisplayMode();
       }
       if (fullScreenWindow != null && windowedModeBounds != null) {
           fullScreenWindow.setBounds(windowedModeBounds);
    }
       // Set the full screen window
       fullScreenWindow = w;
       if (fullScreenWindow != null) {
           windowedModeBounds = fullScreenWindow.getBounds();
           fullScreenWindow.setBounds(0, 0, dm.getWidth(), dm.getHeight());
           fullScreenWindow.setVisible(true);
           fullScreenWindow.toFront();
       }
   }

I tried to write my own class to extend GraphicsDevice so I can override setFullScreenWindow() but I can't put it into the java.awt package. I get a security warning at runtime.

I'm not smart enough or good enough to figure out a way to set the bounds of the fullscreen window so that the status bar won't show.

However, someone has.  Goto the URL below.  You will see a gallery
of available panoramic images.  They can be shown in Flash, Java or
Quicktime.  Select one to show in Java.  When you see that it's finished
that there is no status bar.

HOW DID THEY DO THAT???  Is this another secret environment variable?
I would like to know how to go into fullscreen mode without the status
bar showing.

http://easypano.com/panorama-gallery.html

Ken