[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
thanks for our response,

Application is working on local X server and I have tried turning shared pixel
maps on and off. There were no measurable difference between the two.  this is
the only solaris environment we have, so I could not test it on another
environment. From opengl install check I have checked it is 64 bits, we are
using 32bits JVM. Could this be a reason for poor performance when openg gl
pipeline is enabled? Do you suggest to use a 64 bits JVM, such as performance
release version?
As you have suggested I will try a newer JVM version, may be a 64 bits one, and
inform you if anything changes.

  I doubt that 64 bit vm would be any better, unfortunately.

  One point is that Netras aren't really desktop systems,
  and to be honest I doubt they'll ever perform as well
  in this application as one of the x64 workstations no matter
  how much tuning we do (note that XVR600 is based on a pretty
  old ATI chip, any modern video board would be way faster, and
  the USIIIi cpus aren't speed demons either for this application).
  The Netras were designed for different tasks.

  Have you considered using Sun's x64 workstations instead
  of the Netras?

  Thanks,
   Dmitri