In a test applet, I can draw a BufferedImage or an Image using
BufferStrategy.  Drawing with BufferStrategy is more than 3
times faster than just a straight drawImage() with a BufferedImage.

Am I doing a proper comparison?  I thought BufferedImage's did
all the acceleration for you.  Or was that just the double buffering?
What is a more true way to compare the drawing?

Here's the paint() method:

    public void paint(Graphics g)
    {
//        System.err.println("paint()");
        try
        {
            if(!this.isShowing())return;
            g.drawImage(bufferedImage,0,0,thisW,thisH,this);

//            do {
//                do {
//                    bg = (Graphics2D)bs.getDrawGraphics();
//                    bg.drawImage(canvasImage, 0, 0, thisW, thisH, this);
//                    bg.dispose();
//                } while (bs.contentsRestored());
//                bs.show();
//            } while (bs.contentsLost());
        }
        catch (Exception ie)
        {
            ie.printStackTrace();