> However to be honest I was quite disappointed about the quality QT+OpenGL
> shows on your screenshot.
> It was my belief that modern hardware (like your GF7) in combination with
> latest drivers would behave much better from what I have seen from 5-year ago
> hardware, but still quality isn't reliable.
> Its ok for games, but would you really build a user-interface on top of that,
> where you have a lot of tiny lines and small primitives?

Quote from Qt mailing list:

> Just to clarify this: when using a QPainter on a QGLWidget we rely
> entirely on the multisampling capabilities of your GL implementation to
> handle antialiasing of all primitives that are drawn. If your GL
> implementation doesn't support multisampling you don't get any
> antialiased primitives. If you have a good graphics card that e.g.
> supports 8 times multisampling, you will get decent results (although
> not comparable in quality to e.g. the raster engine).

But there is an option to use QGLWidget only for some particular part of user
interface. I want to create application with main part representing vector
graphics (so called zoomable user interface, manipulation with a lot of objects
inside scene). So such type of antialiasing is quite ok for one particular
widget, all the other user interface elements can use high quality software
rendering.  Is there a component for Java2D with quick&dirty mode? Maybe JOGL
can help?
[Message sent by forum member 'kamre' (kamre)]