Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and I wanted to see if any of you could
point me in the right direction regarding some trouble I've been facing to
print a document using the "printable" interface.

I am developing a system which prints out two kinds of documents. (one is
letter size, and the other one is half-letter (a.k.a statement?). I understand
about the "int print()" method and I know how to use it, nevertheless my
problem is specifying the format of the page that is going to be printed. I
have already managed to print out the document that is letter sized, but the
one half-letter I can't seem to make it work.

The main issue is that the printer's paper is tractor fed and that each
"half-paper" there is this cuttable pattern to wrip the page of... so i need to
be able to print-out whatever i want in this 8.5"x5.5" format and having the
printer stop after this length (right now it continues to feed paper until one
"half-letter" page has been wasted).

I have already tried to format using all kinds of combinations with paper,
paperformat, etc. I've been researching this issue for the past three days with
no luck, I hope someone more experienced can help me, and I hope I'm making
myself clear on this explanation. Thank you in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'gersep' (gersep)]