hi i new to java2d and i have some questions about transparency

as i understand if i need to get hardware accelerated operations with
translucent images i need to use VolatileImage but i can lose content of this
type of images,
and as i understand  in 6u10 we have hardware accelerated pipeline by default.

my question is if i use 6u10 i get all java2d operations hardware accelerated
(for example using BufferedImage with transparency) or as earlier i need to use
VolatileImage  to get hardware acceleration?

i need this for compositing image from three or more ARGB images
[Message sent by forum member 'dipwar' (dipwar)]